For some who may not know exactly what Harvest is or what my place in harvest might be let me explain (below are a few pictures I took). Harvest is that lovely time of year where all the farmers are digging up their crops and putting them into cellars, grain bins and sending beets off to the dump before being processed. I drive a big truck with ten wheels. My truck is not beautiful but handsom... yes that is why I named him Herbert! We got along alright, only a few fun stories to tell. Anyhow I drove Herbert for the duration of about four weeks. I do this every year and most of the time it isn't something I look forward to (hence one of the reasons I moved to Provo) but somehow I always find my way back to the potato field.
Now to the interesting part of the story. Before I decided to go back and work harvest I was really struggling to know what to do since I wasn't having too much luck with jobs. I had applied for over forty jobs and wasn't having any success. I had been praying very hard to know what to do. Every time I prayed I didn't really feel like I should stay and I didn't feel like I should go... Now I look back and see that maybe I just wasn't listening. I wanted so badly to stay and work in Provo but Heavenly Father had different plans for me. Sometimes you can want something so bad but if it is not the Lords will it won't matter how bad you want it. I learned so many things in the last few weeks. I learned that if you are obedient He will provide a way. He knew I didn't want to work but He gave me a friend to help make my experience he softened the hearts of the people I worked for and He even blessed me with a few missionary experiences. He answered my most sincere prayers. Sometimes, lots of times life doesn't go the way you want or the way you think it will but in the end Heavenly Father will always give you the thing that will be the best for you, the thing that will bring the most peace and happiness. I am still a little confused on what I am to do with my life now that I am home but with His help I know I will find the answer.
| Twelve row beet topper |
| The six row beet puller about to load Melissa's truck |
| I tried to get some shots of the gorgeous sunsets but alas I was unsuccessful |
| Me in Herbert |
| My awesome friend and coworker, Ashley |
| Waiting in line at the Dump |
| This is just a really weird truck I had to take a picture of. It reminds me of a rat. |
| The beet field just above the Snake River |
| The twelve row puller loading cemis |
Oh, Good old harvest. You know you love it, and it was nice to see you a little more often than if you were in Provo. Good luck with finding a job.
ReplyDeleteLove Derek and Amanda